Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 8

We had a nice, quiet short day for a change. I slept in, not too late, but later than the last couple of days. When I got up, all the adults were talking about the next couple of days. We’ll be going to the Netherlands tomorrow, Paris on Saturday, and we’ll fly home on Sunday. This might be my last entry until I get back because I don’t now if I’ll have internet access to do the blog after this. After I showered, everyone else went on a walk through the woods and village while I stayed back with the baby who was sleeping. I really wanted to get packed. After I packed, I had time to catch up my reading of Joseph Smith’s Teachings for Relief Society, 3 lessons worth. Good stuff to catch up on. When everyone got back we had some lunch and then went to Ramstein Air Force Base where Robert is stationed. We picked up a cuckoo clock to take back with us. I’m going to hang it in my work room. After getting gas we headed off for the Wildpark Potzberg, traveling through very windy, narrow roads, seeing more of this beautiful country. When there, we saw a great bird show. This picture is of a bald eagle that landed in between Steve and I. It came swooping from behind. Amazing. The kids fed some animals and then we went on back home for dinner and getting ready to haul 6 adults, 5 kids, and 2 cars, for 2 nights away, traveling through 4 different countries. Try doing that in North America!!! 

Okay, so that wasn’t the end of the day. After dinner we went to the commissary for food for our trip and Robert took Steve and I to his work to see what he does. It is now almost 10 and I’m off to bed.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Terri, this is Brooke (Joe's wife, Jim/Carolyn's daughter-in-law) I just heard about your blog and have LOVED reading up on your trip and the fun you guys are having! Thanks for sharing such great stories and pictures! Hope you enjoy the rest of your time there and have a safe trip back home...